Waking to a heavy fog on Sunday morning, set the tone for the day. We moved a bit slower, snuggled a little longer and cozied up under quilts, watched movies, read and played games. In the morning, I ventured out to get a few groceries and snapped a couple pics of the dreary day with my phone. The country roads and barren trees, along with the heavy sky made for moody b&w images. Later in the day, as the fog rolled back in, across the empty cornfields, I got my big camera out to capture the landscapes.
The lazy tone of the day seemed to beg that we have breakfast for supper. So, we made a double batch of waffles, a few with mini chocolate chips made by special request. We added to it our favorite juice of pineapple-carrot-celery-orange-Granny Smith on the side, along with scrambled eggs with fresh herbs.
I don’t eat a lot of eggs, but when I do, this is my favorite way to fix them. Scrambled, full of fresh herbs, green onions, creamy cheese (goat or cream cheese) on a small bed of salad greens or arugula. So flavorful.
- 3-4 eggs
- Fresh herbs--my favorites are parsley and basil
- 1-2 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or goat cheese
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour eggs into a skillet, cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly until you've reached the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream/goat cheese, herbs and green onions.
- Stir and allow the eggs to sit for 30 seconds, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve hot on a bed of salad greens or arugula.
If you are into juicing, be sure to follow Angie Warren as she begins 30 Days of Juice today, you catch her on instagram with the hashtag #30daysofjuice, as she (and others) share their favorite daily juicing combinations. Also, Sheena Jibson, of ‘the little red house‘ has her own instagram project running called, #howweweekend…you can read more about it here. Both inspiring ladies…check them out.