I often get asked what I do with all the wonderful veggies I get at the weekly farmers’ market. In an effort to answer those questions I thought I’d share a few ideas and recipes here as we go through the summer and growing season. I’d love to hear your ideas as well, so feel free to share ideas and links!
This last Saturday was probably one of the best markets yet. So much to choose from, my bag filled quickly. Here was my haul…sugar snap peas, carrots, green onions, French Breakfast radishes, Jaune d’Orval radishes, garlic scapes, head lettuces and broccoli.
If you’ve followed along here for awhile you know I love two things; fresh, whole foods and simple recipes. This yogurt dip falls right in line with those ideas. The added fresh herbs can be adjusted according to what you have growing or available. Currently, I’ve been using fresh chives and parsley. Dill would be a great addition too. Maybe some thyme? Later in the summer, a little basil? It’s completely up to you!
All the fresh veggies from the market made for a simple crudite plate with the yogurt dip on the side.
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate, storing in an airtight container.