Ah, welcome to Monday. I hope that you had a good weekend. We had our first big snow of the season on Saturday, a full 10 inches. That meant cozying up, watching it snow, and making warm comfort dishes and baking.
I also made a few of these chocolatey mug cakes. They could not be easier, with very basic ingredients. This recipe comes from ‘Everyday Happy Herbivore’, a cookbook I was sent and asked to share. It is packed full of vegan recipes that you can have on your table in 30 minutes or less. I found several that I am looking forward to testing.
- 4 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon
- together, set aside. For a really sweet cake, add more sugar. In another
- small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup applesauce, nondairy milk, and a drop or two of
- vanilla extract together. Pour wet into dry, then add chips, stirring to
- combine. Add another 1-2 tbsp of applesauce, until the batter is wet and
- resembles regular cake batter. Pour batter into a coffee cup, and
- microwave for three minutes (at 1000 watts).
In the spirit of Meat-Free Monday leave me a comment below, sharing your favorite vegan/vegetarian meal and you’ll be entered to win a copy of ‘Everyday Happy Herbivore’. Can’t wait to hear about all your meat-free dishes!
This giveaway will end Friday, February 10, 2012 at midnight (EST). THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.